Zalando is a Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle.
Founded in Berlin in 2008, Zalando brings head-to-toe fashion to more than 50 million active customers in 25 markets offering clothes, footwear, accessories, and beauty. The vision is to become The Starting Point For Fashion. The offering: the assortment of international brands ranges from world-famous names to local labels.
As part of its marketing activities, Zalando asked Winning Search to look for a Marketing Lead for France, UK and Ireland.
The Marketing Lead for France drives Consumer Marketing in the respective region. In this role you are responsible to bring the local voice and the market insights to life, to drive the value proposition, brand perception and growth in the region.
This role is Berlin based and relocation is necessary.
The Marketing Lead mission:
- The Marketing Lead works closely together with the French teams to grow market share through awareness and consideration driving Marketing initiatives. – This includes local amplification of global initiatives as well as leading with market specific initiatives to capture the local momentum and opportunities.
- Execute and lead Zalando’s Marketing Strategy to meet the business and growth KPIs in the market. Work closely together in a cross functional team to define core audiences and how to win them over. Have a sharp eye on and understand in-depth the market dynamics and upcoming trends to inform the go-to-market-strategy and the wider Zalando organisation. Unlock effectiveness and efficiency wins by scaling best practices across the region.
- Win new customers, drive the brand perception and deeply understand the consumer and the market – collaborate in the development (e.g. informing and giving inputs) of global Marketing initiatives, planning and executing local amplifications that build on audience and market insights. Manage the regional media spend, together with the media team, in the market with the goal of maximising the effectiveness of our investment both across measurable and non-measurable channels.
Lead the business in the market in strong collaboration with key business units and stakeholders, specifically with General Manager and dedicated teams in the Markets to drive the value proposition and bring the market voice to the decision table.
The requested profile:
- You have 7+ years of relevant Marketing and Commercial experience. Proven track record in driving market share growth. Local competency/experience in the respective region is a strong plus, especially for the French market. Fluent French knowledge and consistent experience in the French market are must.
- You are fluent in French and English language
- You have experience executing and planning Regional/Country Marketing Strategy. Deep expertise in reaching and engaging users, audiences, and segments through a targeted value proposition and marketing strategy, applying latest insights and KPIs to strengthen the marketing position and to drive market share growth and revenue.
- You are a great team leader, capable of bringing people with you on the strategic journey you will create to optimize your marketing initiatives, generate brand love locally to engage and excite your consumer.
- You are experienced in getting things done in a fast-paced and ongoingly changing matrix-structured organizational environment. Highly reliable business partner, passionate and able to choose the right battles (prioritization).
You are a strong communicator – Excellent English skills and able to manage various stakeholders effectively. Drive and build healthy inclusive teams promoting diversity.