You will head up our wholesale business across France with the remit of driving and delivering the commercial plan for this highly important, strategic market. You will lead and inspire a team of Territory and Key Account Managers through a clearly articulated vision, that puts brand equity and long term sustainability at the very centre of everything you do.
THE STUFF THAT STES YOU APART
You’ll be a natural leader who can translate our EMEA Regional strategy into a plan that is right for the French market and to give clear direction to the team, ensuring everyone understands their individual roles and accountabilities. You will be seen as the planner, driver and go to person at the centre of the French wholesale operation. Your clear communication skills will keep all internal stakeholders up to date and informed of progress, achievements and challenges.
– Lead and develop the French sales team to achieve the agreed commercial and market goals
– Play a key role in the development of key accounts within the market
– Implement a clear product segmentation strategy across the distribution channels
– Continuously assess current and potential future accounts within the wholesale channel
– Provide accurate and timely forecasts for all aspects of the business and optimise inventory levels
– Provide regular feedback on your product needs for the ongoing development of the market
– Work closely with internal Credit and Customer Service teams to deliver a seamless end to end service experience
– Coordinate with Operations and Supply Chain teams to ensure accounts receive best in class service
– Work closely with the marketing team to support the markets’ commercial objectives and ensure the brand retains and develops a strong position in France.
– Work closely with the finance team and manage your P&L in line with objectives
– Ensure cohesion with our internal DTC teams to achieve optimised brand and business outcomes
– Work closely with HR to ensure you have a high performing and motivated team
– You will build close relationships with other business teams to get buy in for the needs of the French market and work together on implementing company initiatives.
– You will liaise with other business teams to provide data and information as and when needed.
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals – INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Country Sales Manager (France) you need to be/have:
– A natural people leader, always championing the development of your team to get the best results
– A good working knowledge of the fashion industry (ideally footwear) across the French market
– Great at building and leveraging strong internal relationships across multiple functions
– The confidence and credibility to take the lead, challenge and influence
– An honest and open character with the disposition to take and give constructive feedback
– Great communication and negotiation skills
– Well organised with strong planning, time management skills and an ability to effectively prioritise
– Able to travel (some international) on a regular basis
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel & PowerPoint. Have previous experience and a reasonable level of familiarity working on ERP systems and associated systems used within the business